Bloomington Fire Stations 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
The City of Bloomington Minnesota constructed many of their six fire stations in the 1960’s and 1970’s. All of those stations are still in service today with only minor updating in the intervening years. The City and the Fire Department commissioned Five Bugles Design to assist them in the first step of the process to replace these facilities with new, modern stations with the intent to keep most of them on their existing sites. Services included:
- Space needs analysis of each station individually
- Development of a prototypical site and plan solution for stations, 2, 4, 5, & 6
- Development of a schematic site and plan solution for station no. 3 on a new site
- Development of preliminary budgets
- Creation of a common design language to be used on all stations as they are constructed over the coming years.